doTERRA Deep Blue is perfect for a soothing massage after a long day of work. Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus work together to soothe and cool. After long hours on the computer, try rubbing Deep Blue proprietary blend on your fingers, wrists, shoulders, and neck. A few drops of Deep Blue Soothing Blend diluted in doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil can be part of a cooling and comforting massage.
Deep Blue Benefits
dōTERRA’s Deep Blue essential oil blend is primarily used for soothing muscle and joint discomfort. When applied topically, it provides an icy-hot sensation, while the powerful ingredients in this blend go to work at healing the damaged tissues.
A proprietary blend of natural plant extracts, Deep blue provides the comforting sensation of cooling, without the chemicals you’ll find in other icy-hot products.
Deep blue can be diluted in a roller bottle, lotion, salve, or cream. Once diluted, apply to the area of concern.
- pain relief
- occasional discomforts
- lower back pain
- restless legs
- growing discomforts
- soothing massage
- head & neck tension
- opens up airways
Deep Blue Uses
With so many uses for Deep Blue, you’ll find it an essential addition to your family’s bathroom cabinet!
- Bring your deep blue blend to your choice of massage therapists. Have them add a few drops of Deep Blue soothing blend to their carrier oil or lotion and use it during the massage! I never show up for a massage appointment without some kind of essential oil for them to use!
- Mix Deep Blue with a carrier oil, or use the Deep Blue Rub or Deep Blue Stick, and rub it into your neck and shoulders at the end of a stressful day
- Rub Deep Blue anywhere you are experiencing joint pain
- Dilute and carefully apply to your temples and the back of your neck if you’re experiencing head tension
- apply it to your child’s legs to help with growth discomfort
- After working long hours, give yourself the well-deserved reward of a Deep Blue foot massage
- Keep some Deep Blue in your gym bag to help loosen up your muscles before a strenuous workout
- Apply it to your legs if you experience restlessness before going to sleep
- Give your partner a comforting massage
- Give an older loved one a hand massage to create meaningful connection and help soothe aching joints (don’t forget to dilute to avoid possible skin sensitivity)
- Do you love to garden? Use Deep Blue oil to help soothe sore muscles from all the bending over that goes along with weeding, pruning, and planting, so you can be ready for your next gardening adventure!
- Add a few drops of Deep Blue blend to a cup of Epsom salts and add it to your bath water to help relieve unwanted stress
- Moving can be a long and strenuous process that can sometimes put unwanted stress on back muscles. After a long day of heavy lifting, rub a few drops of doTERRA Deep Blue on your lower back. The cooling and soothing sensation of Deep Blue oil will bring you relief after a strenuous day.
Deep Blue Precautions
- keep out of reach of children
- avoid using on sensitive areas of the body
- wash hands after touching Deep Blue, and before touching the eyes, face, or other sensitive areas
- Deep Blue is primarily intended for external use; do not ingest (except for the Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex)
- If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before using. Peppermint oil can reduce milk supply if supply is not well-established.
Deep Blue Products
Deep Blue Soothing Blend
Deep Blue soothing blend is our original, undiluted Deep Blue formula. It is a pure essential oil blend of wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, ylang ylang, helichrysum, blue tansy, blue chamomile, and osmanthus essential oils.
It comes in a 5 ml bottle with a child-proof cap (since it is undiluted). You can use this to make your own roller bottle, or to create your own Deep Blue Rub by mixing it with some unscented lotion.
You’ll find Deep Blue oil in our Healthy Start Kit.
Deep Blue Touch
Deep Blue Touch is Deep Blue Soothing Blend, mixed with fractionated coconut oil and sold in a roller bottle. This makes it very portable, and easy to apply. You also don’t have to worry about washing your hands afterward, as you don’t have to touch the oil to apply it. It’s a comforting solution for a growing child, as it’s easy for them to apply to their legs during growth spurts.
Deep Blue Rub
One of doTERRA’s most popular products, Deep Blue Rub is a topical cream infused with Deep Blue Soothing Blend, natural plant extracts, and other helpful ingredients. When applied topically to problem areas, Deep Blue Rub provides a cooling and soothing sensation. This cream is non-greasy and leaves skin moisturized.
Because it’s in a cream base, Deep Blue Rub is ideal for covering a larger surface area, such as your back. You can also make your own version of Deep Blue Rub, by adding Deep Blue oil to an unscented (preferably natural) lotion. doTERRA even sells an unscented lotion you can use for this purpose.
Deep Blue Stick
The Deep Blue Stick is my new favourite way to apply Deep Blue! I LOVE the rub, but the stick makes it so much more convenient to apply. Since it’s in a stick, you don’t have to touch it with your hands. It’s extremely soothing, and perfect for sensitive skin since it’s pre-diluted.
Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex
Our Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex is a way to tackle that inflammation internally, and is used as a complement to the topical line. This dietary supplement contains rich polyphenol extracts that offer soothing support to muscles and occasional discomforts.
Deep Blue Polyphenol Complex contains extracts of frankincense, turmeric, green tea, ginger, pomegranate, and grape seed, and is designed to reduce inflammation and provide soothing support to aching muscles, and to other occasional discomfort. Take as needed when discomfort presents itself, or take it daily for long-lasting benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions about dōTERRA’s Deep Blue
Do I need to dilute Deep Blue?
The icy sensation of Deep Blue can feel pretty intense if used neat (undiluted), so I do recommend dilution. Since essential oils are so potent, a little goes a long way. Diluting will not only help prevent developing a skin sensitivity, but it also means your essential oils will last longer.
How do I dilute Deep Blue?
Deep Blue can be diluted a number of different ways:
- Place 1-2 drops in your hand and add 1 tsp of fractionated coconut oil, or your favourite carrier oil. Rub your hands together, then apply to the area of concern
- Add 10-15 drops to an empty roller bottle, and top with fractionated coconut oil
- Add 3-5 drops to 1 Tbsp of unscented lotion to cover a larger area
- Use a pre-made diluted product such as Deep Blue Rub, Deep Blue Touch, or Deep Blue Stick.
Can dōTERRA Deep Blue be diffused?
Although it can be diffused, the real benefits of Deep Blue are experienced with topical use.
Can Deep Blue be ingested?
No, we do not recommend ingesting Deep Blue. To experience internal anti-inflammatory benefits, try our Deep Blue Polyphenol capsules instead!
Can Deep Blue be used in the bath?
It can, but due to the intensity of the icy sensation of Deep Blue oil, we recommend mixing it with Epsom salts first. This will act as an emulsifier, and prevent the oil from pooling in the water.
Where to Buy Deep Blue
I only use and recommend dōTERRA essential oils! That’s because their purity, potency, and sourcing are second to none.
To ensure you are getting an authentic doTERRA essential oil, please do not purchase doTERRA oils from Amazon, Walmart, or Marketplace, or any other third-party seller. It is disturbingly easy to fill empty essential oil bottles and replace them with new caps so they appear authentic.
I recommend ordering through a doTERRA wellness advocate like myself. This way, your order will ship direct to you from dōTERRA, and you’ll also get support in using your essential oils from your wellness advocate.
There are 3 ways to purchase Deep Blue. You can pay retail price, wholesale price (25% below retail), or order it as part of a discounted starter kit.
Ordering at retail means you’ll be paying full price for Deep Blue. Retail purchases do not include support & education. For full access to our support & team resources, please select one of the wholesale options below.
By setting up a doTERRA wholesale customer account, you can order all your essential oils and wellness products at 25% off!
A wholesale account costs $35 USD/$42 CND, which usually pays for itself after you purchase 2 or 3 products.
You can waive your wholesale membership fee by ordering one of our starter kits instead (see below).
The best way to get Deep Blue is in one of our starter kits!
dōTERRA’s starter kits are deeply discounted, and they waive the wholesale membership fee! That means you get all the perks of membership without having to pay the $35.
Since Deep Blue is one of our most popular products, you’ll find it included in many of our enrollment kits!
You can learn more about our enrollment kits on our How to Order Essential Oils page.
Or go ahead and order your starter kit by clicking one of the buttons below.
Other Posts You Might Like
Save it for Later
Pin it to your favourite natural living Pinterest board!